Housekeeping Supervisor (Flex Shift) - Music City Center
· The Flex Shift Supervisor may work on second or third shift in coordination with other supervisor schedules.
· Performing and supervising work activities of housekeeping personnel to ensure all public spaces, restrooms, offices, and back of house areas of the Music City Center are clean and orderly.
· Supervising a full-time second/third shift team of four (4) people which is supplemented by contracted temporary staff, assigning duties, inspecting work, investigating equipment maintenance needs and taking corrective action as required.
· Conduct daily briefings to second/third shift on that day’s area of focus.
· Ensure the facility is ready for opening each morning for our guests and staff.
· Conduct training with new hires on proper chemical use, work procedures including demonstrating use and maintenance of equipment, a facility tour, etc.
· Updating the Housekeeping Manager on daily, weekly, monthly, yearly projects which may include recommendations on areas in need of special cleaning/problem areas, inventory of supplies as may be required.
· Reporting facility maintenance needs in MVP Plant.
· Assisting with hiring, team member coaching, timely disciplinary recommendations to be provided to the Housekeeping Manager.
· Effectively communicating both up the chain/down and supporting the team while maintaining VERY high standards of cleanliness in the facility.
High School Diploma or equivalent plus minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience in all aspects of Housekeeping in a large, multi-facility required, with at least one (1) year of supervisory experience with at least 10 direct reports. Ability to perform light maintenance and troubleshoot equipment used in housekeeping a plus.
Valid Tennessee Driver’s License required. This is a Flex Shift position and will require a flexible schedule and will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Starting Rate: $19.00/hour
This is a position of the Convention Center Authority; not a Metropolitan Government position. Excellent benefits included. Parking included.
Background checks and substance abuse screenings will be completed on all positions.
Apply In-Person Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
201 Rep John Lewis Way S. Nashville, TN 37204
Click the following: MCC APPLICATION to download and print off a paper application.
Go to MCC HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (FLEX) to view job description.
NO PHONE CALLS
Equal Opportunity Employer
In Compliance with Tennessee Law, all applications are subject to Public Disclosure
The Convention Center Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities. Discrimination against any person in recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention, discipline or any other employment practices because of non-merit factors shall be prohibited. Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the ADA Coordinator @ 401-1400.